When visiting our website https://groupe.up.coop/en/ (hereinafter the "Website"), cookies are stored on the computer, tablet, or any other device used by you (hereinafter "Users"). This enables us (hereinafter the "Publisher" or Up) to analyze traffic on the pages and improve the Website. Cookies are used as per their nature and for the purposes indicated below.
Users may accept or refuse the cookies by using the mechanism that is part of the banner or the tools described below.
A cookie (hereinafter the "Cookie(s)") is a text file that is stored in a device when visiting the Website or viewing an advertisement. The purpose of a cookie includes collecting information about how Users use the Website, and to send personalized services and content to Users.
There are different types of cookies:
- Third-party cookies and proprietary cookies
A cookie is deemed to be "proprietary" or "third party" depending on the domain from which it originates. Proprietary cookies are cookies placed by the Website while the User is visiting. Third-party cookies are cookies placed by a domain other than that of the Website (for instance, a cookie may be placed by a third-party advertising agency on the Website). When Users visit the Website and another entity installs a cookie through the Website, this cookie is a third-party cookie.
- Session cookies
These cookies enable the Website operators to monitor User actions during a browsing session. The browsing session begins as soon as Users open the browser window and ends when they close this window. Session cookies are temporary in nature. Once the browser is closed, all session cookies are deleted.
- Persistent cookies
These cookies remain on the User's device after the end of the browser session, for a duration which is determined by each of these cookies. They are activated every time Users visit the Website.
Different types of cookies are used on the Website, and they have different purposes. Some are necessary in order to use the Website, others are optional, depending on your choices.
- Strictly necessary technical cookies
These cookies are necessary in order for the Website to be operational. They enable Users to use the main features of the Website. Without these cookies, Users cannot use the Website normally. These cookies only require a piece of information from Users in order to be to be stored on Users’ device, and do not authorize any behavioral or identification tracking.
- Functional personalization cookies
These cookies make it possible to personalize Users’ experience on the Website by remembering their preferences, and they also specifically enable the following:
- Adapting Website appearance to the device display preferences (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc...) when Users visit the Website, depending on the hardware and browsers;
- Memorizing information relating to the forms that Users have completed on the Website, or to information that Users have selected on the Website;
- Offering Users access to their account or any other reserved space, thanks to their identifiers;
- Implementing security measures, for instance when Users are asked to connect once again to a content or service after a certain amount of time has elapsed.
- Audience measurement cookies
Audience measurement Cookies help to establish statistics about traffic and how various elements that make up the Website are used (visited sections and content, visitor journey). They enable the Publisher to improve the Website’s attractiveness and user-friendliness.
- Advertising cookies
Advertising cookies make it possible to determine which advertisement to display based on User browsing on the Website, specifically in order to limit the amount of advertising, measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign, or to adapt advertising based on User preference, if Users have previously accepted that possibility.
- Social media sharing cookies
The Publisher offers Users features that enable sharing editorial or other content published on the Website through social networks. These cookies also enable social networks to target their advertising offers. Social network cookies are managed by the social network publisher. Users are invited to read the policy for managing social network cookies on the relevant websites.
User management of cookies
Users can manage cookies as follows:
- Strictly necessary technical cookies are placed by default and cannot be disabled by Users, because these cookies are essential for the Website’s operation;
- Users can deactivate or activate cookies that require User consent (audience measurement cookies, behavioral analysis cookies, advertising cookies, etc.) via the following process: cookie manager. Any deactivation means that Users refuse the placement of the relevant cookie;
If Users activate cookies on their device, the cookies in the pages and contents they visit may be temporarily stored in a dedicated area of their device. They can only be readable there by the cookie issuer. User consent is only valid for a period of thirteen (13) months from first placement on User device, following up on Users having expressed their consent.
If Users disable cookies in their device or browser, or if they delete cookies stored in their device, Users are informed that their browsing experience on the Website could be different from that of other Users who have activated Cookies (non-personalized content). This could also be the case when the Publisher or one of our service providers is unable, for technical compatibility purposes, to recognize the type of browser used by the device, the language and display settings, or the country from which the device appears to be connected to the Internet. As the case may be, the Publisher declines all responsibility for any consequences relating to degraded operation of the Website resulting from User refusal of cookies.
Users can go to the CNIL Website in order to find information about cookies here: